Monday, July 16, 2012

New Course

After a great weekend up north with the family, I started a new course this week- European Business Skills. This course is through the Hogeschool Utrecht instead of the University so it is a lot more practical rather than theory based.


It started at 9:30 this morning and I didn't get home till 6! It was a long day but I really enjoyed it. We are looking at case studies each weak which are really interesting. This week is about supply chains and we are focusing on the egg industry. Therefore, we will visit a egg farm in Barneveld tomorrow and get a presentation about the supply chain. Then next week is in Italy and I will be learning about the textile industry there. The last week is in Utrecht again and is about agriculture. All these topics are very interesting to me and I'm very much looking forward to it!


Today, through our lecture, our prof told us to research and prepare a presentation of a specific product in less than 2 hours. Since it was the first day, we didn't bring our laptops so this was a bit stressful but I think we created the best presentation in the class. We had to form groups for the course and I am with Madlen and another German girl we just met today, Laura. From our work today, we work very well together so I think we chose a great group!


Tonight was supposed to be pannekoeken night but it was raining so hard all afternoon and night that I didn't want to go to the store to get the supplies. I'll try again tomorrow.


Here's some pictures:








Even een sausje voor over de yoghurt van opa's bessen maken!


De chinees is ook eindelijk klaar met koken, hij had wel de rijst verbrandt!


Nice candle to keep us warm in this cold weather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate