Sunday, July 1, 2012

Back to the mother land!


Calgary (in the air) It’s my birthday!! And once again, I am spending it in the air. I am on a plane to Amsterdam today to start another very exciting adventure. Summerschool Utrecht will begin on Monday July 2nd. I will be doing 3 courses in 6 weeks called “Doing business in Europe”.

Goodbye Calgary
I got a KLM flight to and from Amsterdam for my birthday this year. It left Calgary at 3:20 in the afternoon and will arrive in Amsterdam at 8:15AM. It was a rough ascent into the sky and felt like the pilot did not know how to steer the plane but once we were at cruising speed and altitude, it went a lot smoother. My low fat meal consisted of salmon, rice and beans/carrots for the hot meal along with a bun, salad and fruit for dessert. The fruit was not very fresh and didn’t taste very good. I originally sat in the back by the window with a little boy but they asked if I would mind moving to another window seat so that the boy and his brother could sit together. I didn’t mind so now I am sitting way in the front.

When I land in Amsterdam, I will get my luggage and wait for a student coming from Singapore and a few other students so that we can all travel to Utrecht to the housing office together. I hope I find these students and that we don’t get lots. The weather is supposed to be beautiful there and it was also really nice when I left so that is a huge bonus.

 I will update my blog again when I am in the beautiful country and my place of birth, The Netherlands

PS Whitney: I enjoyed my complimentary glass of Chardonnay as a birthday drink on the plane!

Amsterdam (Schiphol Airport)

Hello Amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate