Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Surroundings...

I've been busy with writing assignments and studying for my final on Thursday which is why it has been a short while since I last posted. Today, I will show you some pictures of my surroundings here in Utrecht. It has been rainy and really windy lately (but the wind is NOTHING compared to the Lethbridge hurricane speed winds :D) and dark which is typically dutch weather.

I've got a great weekend planned of going to the north of the country to visit my family. I'm very excited for it but first I need to do well on this first exam. Here are the pictures:

This is the building in the city centrum where I have my lectures and seminars for this first course. As you can see, it is very historical and I love that they have preserved this!


I switched my bedroom around a bit. There is still too much space and it is really bare but it will do for 4 more weeks


This is the hallway in our apartment, these are the doors of the other 6 bedrooms
Our shared kitchen/dining/living room. There was way more furniture in here before but we auctioned it off  to  roomates who wanted it in their rooms and now we can actually walk to the kitchen without having to jump over a couch first.

This is the main administration building of the Utrecht University College- the campus where I am staying

The road to Kriekenpitplein- I love watching the other international students try to pronounce where they live!

Garbage/recycling

The entrance

There is a big area in the middle of all the buildings with gravel so you can't play soccer there but  it looks nice
That's that. It is all very green and traditional. What you don't see is the huge tractor that was outside my window at 8am ripping out bushes and the construction workers renovating a big chimney outside our kitchen for the past week, jack hammering all day long. You gotta love those summer construction students they do when their students are away!  Now you have an idea of where I am living/studying. I must get back to my books but will write again later :D

Carien

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate