Sunday, July 29, 2012

Never thought we would be so excited to leave Italy


After the previous night’s activities, everyone enjoyed some time to sleep in in the morning. Then the bags had to be packed again and we were off to the airport in Milan. This is the worst airport I have ever been to. Firstly, we got there behind schedule. Then Iris forgot her laptop on the bag. Then we were dropped off at the wrong terminal. Then we had to cram into a crazy bus to get to the right terminal. Then it took forever to find the check-in counter and check in. I left the group after I checked in because I did not want to miss this flight and I had no more patience to wait for everyone. Thank goodness I did because finding the gates was another very unorganized mission. Then I had to wait in a long maze to get through security. It was absolute chaos and I was so happy to be the second person to make it to our departing gate. The flight was rough again and the pilot was driving a car rather than a plane. He sped through the corners and it felt like the plane was going to tilt onto its side. It was great to land again in Rotterdam. The bus driver was upset because someone gave him the wrong information which said that we landed 2 hours earlier. Then someone lost his bag somewhere so it was another big gong show.

I arrived back at the central station in Utrecht just before 7pm. Once again, we just missed the bus so had to wait half an hour for the next one. Then when we got out of the bus, it started to poor rain- it was a true welcome back in the Netherlands! :D Luckily, I had my rain jacket with me because I checked the forecast before we left. It was a rush to the grocery store that night since everything is closed on Sunday. Then it was time to SLEEP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate