My final exam of this course was on Thursday. Madlen was so stressed out about it and nervous for the test that I got nervous too. I didn't study too hard though because that would be a waste of my time. On the morning of our exam, it was pooring rain. I was looking at all the weather forecasts to see if I would be able to get to school early and on time. As soon as the rain stopped, I hopped on my bike and went but not 5 minutes later, I was standing under a tree avoiding another down poor. My jeans were soaked but I got to class right on time, and I wasn't the only one with wet clothes!The exam was quite easy for me and I'm sure I passed with a good grade. After the exam was over, Madlen and I were so happy and went shopping! There are still really good sales going on in all the stores and we both bought some clothes and jewelry for 1 euro!! It was some great retail therapy and luckily the sun came out and it was dry. The street/gracht side terraces were instantly full.
We went home to take a nap and relax for a couple hours before we had to leave for our summerschool social activity: night canoeing...5 people from our apartment were all going so it was a nice bonding activity- we initially thought. However, what started out as pretty fun turned aweful as the night went on. Let me list the issues I had with this activity. (Ps: This is me ranting so you can feel free to scroll down and just look at the pictures :D )
1. There were 80 people canoeing all at once
2. Many of these people had never canoed before
3. There were no proper instructions or lessons given before hand. Mainly because no one would be quiet to listen to the guide.
4. Then they had to get 80 people in double canoes -this took forever
5. The whole group had to wait for this before anyone could go on because all the guides were busy helping people into boats. Then we were finally good to go.
6. We had to make a lot of stops to wait for people. This was really frustrating because we just wanted to go!
7. We got a break where we had to take our boats out of the water and got to walk around the city for 30 minutes. Obviously, no one got back on time so once again, it took forever before everyone was in the water. Since we were travelling so slow, they made us take a 'shortcut' back. We had to go through very narrow waters, it was dark, we had to go under bridges where we had to limbo under and sometimes use our hands to push on the roof of the bridge to get through the tunnel. The tall guys and claustraphobic people were screwed! One more huge issue was that there was construction so one end of the water was not accessable. We had to carry our canoes out of the water, carry them down a street and get back in the water again. Canoes are really heavy!! And no one understands the importance of staying in a straight line and letting people go one at a time through narrow, dark bridges!
8. This event was scheduled to be done at 10:30 but we got back at 11:45. I was so pissed because of the aweful organization of this trip. Also because we were hoping to go to drinks with our class at 10 which we never got to do.
As soon as our boats were out of the water, we ran home. Our clothes had gotten soaked and we were freezing and very upset. We did a quick 10 minute change and got on the bike to go to the club with our class! We thought we knew where we were going but got lost and doubled our time is should have taken us to get there. I was riding the bike with Madlen on the saddle so it was a huge workout after canoeing for me! Finally, we found the place and I was sooo ready for a nice cold beer- yes I have finally found a taste for it and it is much cheaper than my mixed drinks!
We had a great time dancing and hanging out with our new friends! The night ended with a trip to the snack bar and I was in bed before 4!
Overall, this will be a day to remember.
Today was our certificate presentations. It was supposed to start at 10:30 so we were there at 10:20 and once again, no one showed up on time and it started at 12! Also, we thought we were getting a certificate but didn't because we will get it at the end of our 6 weeks. To make up for this, they gave us a summerschool cup- So we came all this way even though most of us were hungover and got nothing. After there was coffee and cake so we took our cake and left.
I am now in the train to Groningen. Will update again soon!
| Girl Power! |
| Tim managed to jump into the picture too! Happy roomates |
No comments:
Post a Comment