Once again, it has been a while since I wrote back. I haven't done that much but will tell you some. This week has consisted of very long days of school with some interesting and some not so interesting lectures. We had guest speakers on Wednesday and Friday. On Wednesday a guy talked to us all about the European union and politics- so basically a review of our last course. In the afternoon, we were split up in 2 groups and each had to represent a country. We had 4 issues to discuss and had to come to conclusions with all the countries. It was to see how the decision making process works in the EU. It was interesting but got pretty heated and I was ready to leave the room after 2 hours. Funny enough, I got to represent the Netherlands who had some very strong opinions on the issues. Wednesday night, we went for supper at Zussen in the centrum with our friend Anne Sophie. It was really nice and the food was really good. They had a menu of small meals so we all ordered about 2.5 and then dessert. And we had a 50% off coupon so it was very affordable. It is times like this when I feel like I am on holidays and it's important to enjoy these times and not get too worked up on school and daily life.
| Kangaroo |
On Thursday we listened to our course coordinator and learned about the Canvas Business model. In the afternoon, we had a mock press conference between a big company and a NGO (Non government organization). After school on Thursday, I went to the hairdresser. I had looked around on the internet before but was getting desperate so I called the first one and made an appointment. It turned out that they were not very good and quite expensive but I'll go somewhere else next time. Madlen and I made supper that night and tried to clean out the fridge.
On Friday, we listened to a lobbyist/lawyer about her work at Heineken, Shell, KPN, and other large companies. It was very interactive and interesting. We had a dinner party in the evening with Anne Sophie. We all cooked something and had a potluck supper. It was very good as you can see!
This morning (Saturday), we met at 9:30 at the jaarbeursplein to drive together in a bus to the Rotterdam/ The Hauge airport. I thought this would be a smooth travel to Biella Italy but we already came across a number of stupid problems.
1. Someone forgot their luggage on the bus to the station...
2. Two people got lost getting to the meeting area for the bus...
3. Someone forgot their hand written indian passport on the plane...
All in all, after a lot of waiting, it is now 7pm and I am finally in the hostel in Biella. We got off a the bus and had to walk up a steep cobblestone road up to the hostel. Our view is great!! We are having supper as a class tonight and meeting our Italian professor for the week. Madlen and I are sharing a room and it looks really good. There is a boxing ring outside in the town square because there is a boxing match tonight. We will probably watch some of it tonight after supper. Hopefully it won't be too loud because we both want to get a proper sleep tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment