Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday= Funday

Yesterday (Sunday) was spent sleeping in and getting to read for most of the morning. In the afternoon, two of the guys, our instructor, and I went to a Japanese department store (similar to Sears or The Bay) which had about 8 floors, I can't remember the exact number. It was only two stops away from our place on the LRT and it had a really nice grocery store. I stocked up on fruit and vegetables since I don't get enough of those each day. Andrea let us try some traditional desserts from the island of Penang. It was super interesting- a bowl full of surprises. It was shaved ice with different sauces/juices over it. The further along I ate, I found more weird things in this dessert. There were peanuts, corn, kidney beans and grass jellies in it. So it was almost a complete meal in one dessert. We also walked around and explored some more of the streets of down town KL. We came across a reject shop (similar to winners) and did some shopping there. We ate supper at the clay pot. Here they put your food is a really hot clay pot so it sizzles when you get it. It was not as good as we were expecting it to be but it was still interesting.


When we got back to the apartment, we watched a movie with all the roomates and then everyone called their mom's for mother's day. Overall, it was a really good and chill Sunday.


Today, I did some work around the apartment and tried to watch "Boer Zoekt Vrouw" (my favorite dutch tv show that just started again) but the internet was not very good. I went to work at noon and now i'm sitting at my desk waiting for the next presentation we have to present. It is really hot and humid outside. It also just rained which makes the humidity close to 100%. Good thing I always bring my umbrella to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate