Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stupid Government!

I'm sitting at work with nothing to do. Do you remember how fun pinball and solitaire used to be? Well, I've found out again, haha. So I'll write my blog and catch you up on what I've been up to these last two days.


Yesterday was a normal day of work, 12-6. Since we already finished planning our workshop which is in 2 weeks, we don't really have anything to do. Jessica works on her work from Calgary and I am busy looking busy :D . We had another guest come and speak to us last night. Roger Poulin is a Canadian expat working in Malaysia and running two companies here. He talked about his businesses, living in Malaysia and different working conditions. He also talked about some stupid thing that the Canadian government is doing in Malaysia that is hindering the trade between the two countries. It seems like the government is doing things that look good on paper but they don't know how it actually affects the people- typical government move! It was pretty interesting and I am currently writing my analysis on his talk. We have to write an analysis on one of the guest speakers so I chose him. 


Today, we went for a morning dip in the pool and then headed off to Starbucks for breakfast and then to the train to go to work. Luckily we have something to do at work today and don't have to play games all day. The boss is in Vietnam so everything is a little more relaxed! After work, we planned to go to china town to do some bargain hunting for fakes. However, Andrea told us yesterday that we need to be fully covered for our trip to Penang this weekend as we will be visiting the women's university there and it's quite religious. So I may have to make an attempt to get some long pants tonight... This lack of organization is still getting to me on this trip. Little details keep coming up that we should have been made aware of before we left Canada. I will be sure to utilize the evaluation at the end of the program. 


Tomorrow, we leave at 6:30am to the airport to fly to Penang. I won't bring my computer so I'll blog again on Sunday when we are back in Kuala Lumpur. I'm excited for our beach day as most of us are still white... we need to get some sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate