**I'm writing this blog on Friday morning but I'm going to pretend that it is still Thursday.
Today was one of the best days of my life! I cannot stop smiling. It was my last day at work and unlike some of the students who could not wait to be done work, I was not looking forward to it being over.
I started the day off right by taking a taxi to work instead of the train and our hot walk- no sweating! We had a staff meeting at 11:30 and sat in on that. In the meeting, we had to present our marketing ideas for the Seminars that Perfection puts on every year. We made up a list of 6 ideas so that they could pick and choose and only use one or two. Mr. Christopher was so impressed that directly after we explained one idea, he would tell the managers how they were going to implement it immediately. After introducing all the ideas, he loved them, said we did awesome, and all our ideas are being used at Perfection starting on Monday! I was so happy he liked them and really surprised at this direct outcome of our efforts. Following the meeting was a birthday party for one of my friends/coworkers Jasmin. Everyone shared in the cake which was really good! Chocolate spice with a sweet meringue on top, yum!
While in the office on our last day, Mr. Christopher got us to help with some grammer issues in their next publications and we got to see a number of our pictures of the UNSW workshop in the publications as well. Even though I was only there for 6 weeks, I got to see fast results of all the work I did which is really rare but very rewarding. Mr. Christopher really put me in a high position where I had the power to assign tasks to staff below me. This is another thing that I would have never dreamed of being able to do in such a short time.
At 4pm, we headed out in the Mercedes to have a quick cup of coffee. Coffee time in Malaysia is at 4pm and supper time is at 7pm- all a bit later because it is usually dark right after 7 all year round. We looked around a very nice kitchen store quickly and were then off to the SPA! He designed this spa so we got our services for free. I enjoyed a full body scrub and 1.5 hour Malaysian body massage. I got to pick my scrub and oil and chose a natural lemon grass for both to get the full authentic experience. It was very relaxing although they were quite hard on me. I felt really clean after.
When the treatments were over, the girls from the spa drove us to meet Mr. Christopher because it was rush hour and he could not get to us. We took a back way to Subang to South Sea Seafood, one of the staff's favourites. This is where we had our "last supper". Chez Skinner, Rhonda and Rob also joined us for this meal. All the seafood was live and as fresh as it gets. We ate for hours it felt like. Mr. Christopher also brought some of his wine that he collects which we didn't say no to. It was a little bit weird though since most of the staff does not drink due to their religion. Terrence, Dave, Jessica and I enjoyed it though!
| Sharon, me, another coworker |
| A group of girls working at Perfection |
No comments:
Post a Comment