Today was our trip to Venlo to the Floriade 2012. We left
early in the morning at 8am but only half of the class showed up. It was a 2
hour drive with lots of rain along the way. The paid for a tourguide to show us around the grounds and give us some more background information. Unfortunately, the tourguide was an old man who did not speak english and did not really tell us anything. We were only waiting for 80% of the time for the group to get back together. After about 30 minutes, Laura and I separated from the group and explored on our own. It was a huge place in the forest and they focus on sustainability. There were lots of gardens to see and places with horticulture information. After a couple hours and kilometers of walking in the hot sun, we laid on the grass and just had a nap in the afternoon. Also, the main people that walked around here were 50+. On the way back, we all slept like babies and we were home around 6.
I had to run to the bank since Thursday is the only day the bank is open when I am not in school. I finally got my bank card sorted out and it should work now!
We then had to put the finishing touches on our paper and presentation for tomorrow and then celebrate my friends' last night in Utrecht!
Here are some pictures of the day!
 |
| The kitchen of the future |
 |
| Love this table and especially the lamps |
 |
| Cool structures |
 |
| Zen garden |
 |
| On the gondola |
 |
Supper, I was so hungry!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment