Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Last Summer Course

Once again, it's been a while since I posted on here but I have been very busy.

Friday was our wrap up of Doing Business in Europe. We had to do final presentations in the afternoon. The whole program was a competition so the combined scores were added up and the winning group won the "Golden Certificate"! Surprisingly, our teacher loved our final presentation and we did really well throughout the course so we won first place and got the highest mark in the class! It was an awesome achievement but it was not fun to see others being jealous of us...

Friday to Sunday night was spent with my family. It was really night to get away and enjoy a couple days of summer holidays. 

Waiting for the waterbus


famous street in Rotterdam

Church dad was baptised in


Kinderdijk

Bert's garden


Sanne's dog- Nouk
 It was back to work on Monday. This week is my Marketing simulation game. We were put into groups and have just taken over a company. We have a huge binder with figures and financial statements and now we have to keep the company going. On Monday, we did one quarter (4 months) and today we did another 2 quarters. After each quarter, we can see how we did: if our sales increased, if our market share improved, where we are among competitors, etc.It is a great way to practice our skills but my group is not easy. I am with a italian engineer, a german real estate person and a french guy which speaks for itself. I am the CEO of the company (naturally!) and I make most of the decisions. The first question the french guy asked is what are assets? It was frustrating because I really want to learn from this and my team members don't know basic  business skills...
So happy! I finally found the shoes I have been looking for. I've been walking on my toms everyday which is not good. These are a great replacement. That's what you get when you go in 15 minutes before closing time and have a goal on your mind!

Tomorrow, we are doing another quarter and then visiting the Heineken factory in Amsterdam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate