After a great 3 week holiday with family, I moved back to Utrecht yesterday. My cousin was awesome and drove all my stuff down! It took forever to pick up my key because they were super organized as usual, NOT! We then made a pit stop to see if my bike had survived 3 weeks of lockdown. And guess what, IT SURVIVED, it was exactly where I left it! I was so excited and relieved that I didn't have to buy a new bike for this semester.
We drove to my new room. It is in a flat building. Our apartment is on the third floor but it has 3 floors itself. I am in the middle floor (3rd high) along with another boy and the kitchen and laundry facilities. There are 4 girls on the bottom and 3 girls on the top floor. There should be one more person but we haven't met him/her. The roomates are nice but when meeting them last night, I missed my roomates from the summer very much. We just had the best living arrangement this summer and got really close together in only 6 weeks. I hope that we can do the same here- only we are together for 4 months so hopefully there will be no fights. The majority of the roomates speak french except for me and 2 others which is quite annoying. They are also mostly from Europe except for one girl from Australia and me.
I first did a thorough cleaning of my room because it was filthy. It definatly was not recently cleaned. It's a good sized room but older and more used than my last room. I guess that's what you get for paying cheap rent. The mattrass has spring sticking out and the window cannot be seen through. It is also right beside the train tracks so that will take some getting used to.
Today is an introduction of the city by the erasmus student association but I am not going. I'd rather get settled and organized before school starts and I know my way around the city pretty well already. Instead, I will go pick up my bike and explore on my own with my map by my side. Hopefully I can get outside the city with my bike easily so I can bike through the fields rather than the streets- we'll see.
Here are a few pictures of my room that i'll be in until Chrismas.
No comments:
Post a Comment